Nobody wants to have bad breath and unless caused by a medical or dental condition your can take care of most cases of bad breath.
Bad breath can be caused by eating certain foods like onions and garlic but more often result from bacteria forming in the mouth from remaining food particles after a meal.
Here are five ways to combat bad breath:
1. Brush your teeth and rinse your mouth thoroughly after every meal.
2. Be sure to also brush your tongue.
3. Be sure your mouth is lubricated. If you have dry mouth, drink plenty of water and avoid caffeine and alcohol since these can dry out your mouth.
4. Add a few drops of peppermint or tea tree oil to your tongue or toothbrush to help freshen the breath.
5. Keep plaque in check by eating raw celery and carrots.
Remember good oral hygiene promotes health as well as pleasant breath.